Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Body Gallery

This post is not really a fitness/workout post but it is a website I want to share.  mybodygallery.com is a website featuring real women who share their height, weight, body type, etc. All the pictures are submitted from real women around the world. One thing that I love about this site is that you will be able to see that all women carry their weight different.  I find myself looking at girls who I think look great who weigh more, less or the same as me.  I also see girls who are genuinely fit and I am in awe of their dedication-not even paying attention to the number by their weight! I say this because I think that as women we have the tendency to get stuck on some number on the scale when it really means nothing in the long run.  If you feel healthy, are getting some sort of physical activity most days, and your clothes still fit (or are getting loose!) then don't let a number on the scale determine how you feel about yourself.

Now, I have to admit that I do weigh myself most days.  NOT because I want to measure how "good" or "bad" I have been (as many women do) but because I think that it is important to course correct if I start to see the scale consistently go up.  Most women can fluctuate 5 pounds from day to day so the scale will change from day to day.  You may have an "ideal/goal" weight based on what you think is healthy or what someone else looks like-throw that number out.  As you gain muscle your weight will not drop (and may even increase) but if you feel better and like the changes in your body-does it really matter what some piece of metal or glass that is on your bathroom floor says?!?! 

I would much rather have a body type that when people look at me they say "she hits the gym" or "she is fit" instead of "she needs to eat a cheeseburger" or "she needs to stop eating something".  So skinny or fat...I don't want that.  I want fit, strong, healthy to describe my appearance and I think that most people should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment