Sunday, June 16, 2013

Looking cute at the gym

At any gym there are always those girls who look very cute the entire time they are there. They have cute workout clothes, fresh makeup and if they push it a little, they may "glisten".  I am not one of those  girls. On days I workout right after work I walk in with cute clothes on and half fresh makeup. It may even be rubbed off if the work day was hectic. On morning workouts, I am makeup free. Now, lately I have started to wear the "cute" workout clothes but within 20 minutes I am sweaty and gross. I only stopped wearing the IUDM shirt from 2000 and soccer shorts that are 2 sizes too big so that I could actually see the progress I was making in the gym. Not to meet my future husband-which I do think some people do (guys and girls). They consider the gym a healthier happy hour- or preparty.

My thought is that if I am not dripping with sweat at the end of my workout, I am not working hard enough to see the results I want to see. I want to be working hard, building muscle and burning fat when I am there.  I struggle with eating healthy more than I do with working out so when I am in the gym for the 60-90 minutes out of the day I am going to go all out.

I read a tweet that said "if you still look cute when you leave the gym, go back in and keep working". I want guys (or girls) to look at me and think that girl is busting her ass instead of that girl looks cute. I workout to look cute outside of the gym-not in it. There are days where I get in my car after showering from a workout and my seat is damp from the drive home after the workout. Yes, it's gross but the dorky part of me enjoys the lingering effect of a strong workout.

How hard do you workout? What do you think of those who make the gym a social hour/dating scene?

No comments:

Post a Comment