Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Get by with a little help from your friends

Since starting this blog, some of my friends have been sending me similar blogs, interesting websites, etc and I thought that I would share some of them with you!  The first one comes from my friend Peggy-who is heading to Florida in a matter of hours so we should all be jealous of the sun and sand that she is about to have.  She sent me the following website via text and I looked at it from my phone immediately.  I was so intrigued that later I went home and looked on my laptop.
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

This site lists all the muscles and then exercises that you can do for each muscle! For example, you want to work your biceps...well just go to this page for an example of bicep curls:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Biceps/BBCurl.html

They even have kettlebell examples.  The site is not pretty-but I think those sites can sometimes give you the best information!  No fluff!

Next my friend Monica, who is the mom of 2 cute little boys, sent me some other blogs that you may want to check out as well.  Monica is well on her way to being fit and fabulous (she is already fab in my book though). Now, I have to say that these blogs are so much better than mine...so I am definitely encouraging you to check theirs out more than mine!

http://muffin-topless.com/about/

Ms. Muffin as I will now call her as recipes and all kinds of things.  I definitely want to try the maple and cinnamon fruit bowl!

Skinny Meg can be found at:  http://www.skinnymeg.com/  Disclaimer on Skinny Meg: she is probably more for the girls than the guys.  I did come across photos of her at a OBGYN appt and I am not sure that guys would find that appealing.

One of my first posts (at this point they are all first posts) was talking about how I love women in the weight room and how supportive they are.  I think it is really just women motivated to be the best self that they can be.  I loved getting these tips from Monica and Peggy and had to share them with you too!  If  you have sites you like and want others to know about, let me know or comment and others can check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment