Sunday, March 2, 2014

Long time no see

Wow... Had no idea I had not posted on this since June. I mean I know that I have not posted in a while but wow.... 9 months?!? No, I did not make a baby or anything fun. I have just been super busy and maybe in a bit of a stressed out funk. The weather here in the Midwest has been atrocious and I have only wanted comfort food, sweets, and junk. I most definitely have not been eating healthy consistently. I still eat healthy but sweets have creeped in more than normal and diet coke has been my drug of choice.
In this time though I have had some pretty interesting frumpy to fit moments. I went on a cruise right after the holidays, briefly dated a guy around that time and came back 15 pounds heavier...eek.... After 2 days of water and kale smoothies I dropped 8 pounds and am still about 5 pounds heavier than I want to be- yet thinner than I was in high school so I need to be kind to myself. I have decided that if I would not say something to a friend then I won't say it to myself! I do look fine and I know it.
Being fit is more than a size or number on the scale. It's being healthy and happy and I have found that when I weigh right around where I am now I run farther and faster. It may not be healthy for me to be 5-10 pounds lower-despite wanting to fit into my size 4 or 6 clothes again. Nothing wrong with being a 6 or 8-especially when that 6 or 8 is because my legs are rock solid from squats and lunges and I was a 15/16 in high school- weight has always been something I have to  be aware of, but I have learned I no longer have to battle it. It's life- life has ups and downs and so does my scale :).
A couple of friends have asked me to keep posting so I am going to try- I can't make any guarantees :).  I do like talking fitness with all of you and helping some of you on your own journey. I recently gave some advice that helped a friend when a Biggest Loser contest! Score! I was so happy for her.
Once this weather breaks, I will be more motivated to eat healthier and hopefully less tired too which will motivate me to post more too.

4 comments:

  1. You look great lady! I need to get some advice from you, so I'll be in touch!
    -Tangela

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of what I know you do Peggy!! Tons of water, clean eating- fruits, veggies, cardio. Low sodium those sorts of things :) being healthy isn't rocket science... Although sometimes it seems like it!

    ReplyDelete