Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Row, Row, Row

Tonight I attended a lecture on leading positively and asset based thinking. During the lecture, Dr. Kathy Kramer-the speaker- had us break into four groups and sing the children's song "Row, Row Your Boat" in rounds. While at the time I didn't relate it to this fitness journey, after I got home and reflected the verses fit well into many areas of life. I will break down each verse and how I relate it to my personal journey.
Row, Row, Row Your Boat: WORK! Do what it takes to keep moving towards your goal, vision, dream.
Gently Down The Stream: Work but be gentle, don't wear yourself out. Don't expect changes overnight and don't beat yourself up if you have a day, week, or season that isn't as great as it could have been.
Merrily, Merrily, Merrily: BE HAPPY! No matter where you are in the journey, be happy. You are you and you are taking charge of your health- notice I said health, not weight or jeans size.
Life's About A Dream: life is all about dreams- if your dream is to be healthy, go for it! Chase that dream, but remember its a journey- ups and downs are a part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment