Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Too Busy to Eat???

I am always amazed by those who can say "oh my gosh, I have just been so busy that I forgot to eat all day!"  I always look at them in complete amazement. Never in my entire life can I remember a time where I FORGOT to eat.  Growing up, maybe I should have forgotten to eat a time or two but I can guarantee it would never happen.  My mom told me that even as a little girl I would wake up first thing in the morning and ask what was for dinner that night.  Come on man, a girl has to have things to look forward to during the day, right? And I needed to prepare my taste buds!  Come on, someone knows what I mean by preparing your taste buds, right?

Now that I am more into eating healthy and working out I find that there is no way my metabolism or body would let me forget to eat.  I eat every 2-3 hours like clock work.  It is normally something small like an apple or a greek yogurt or some nuts but it is always within a few hours.  I know that it took me a while to get used to eating every 2-3 hours but my calories stay the same because I am literally eating 6 times a day but just smaller meals.  When I am out running errands I will throw a banana, a protein bar, a small bag of mixed nuts something in my purse so that I know I can grab something healthy when the hunger hits. I have also been known to bring a protein bar to meetings that are going to be longer than 2 hours.  I love when people are like "did you not eat lunch?"...oh no, I ate but I just know I am going to be hungry before this meeting is over.  I have had one colleague (and friend-Jen) who understands this and we would literally discuss meetings and if we should bring a bar or fruit or something!

What are some of your favorite grab and go healthy foods? I am always looking for new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment